Live Your Dream: Education & Training Awards for Women
Mark Your Calendar
Applications are accepted July 1 - November 15!
The Live Your Dream Awards provide monetary assistance to women who provide the primary source of financial support for their families. It is the cornerstone program of Soroptimist International of the Americas, LiveYourDream.org's sponsoring organization.
Each year, more than $1.7 million in education grants are awarded to over 1,300 women, many of whom have overcome enormous obstacles including poverty, domestic violence, the death of a spouse and/or substance abuse.
Potential Cash Award Levels:
Up to $1,000First Level: Over 1,300 women are selected to receive up to $1,000
$3,000- $5,000Region Level: Over 100 first-level recipients are selected to receive an additional $3,000 or $5,000
$10,000International Level: 3 region-level recipients are selected to receive an additional $10,000
Who is eligible?
You are eligible to apply for the Live Your Dream Awards if you are a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia,
Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela).
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
- Has a Social Security number or Tax ID number. (This is required for tax purposes and is only necessary if you are a resident of the United States. You will not be asked to share this information unless you have been given an award.)
How to apply for a Live Your Dream Award
Fill out an application
Get two references
Submit your application
Still have questions?
View our Frequently Asked Questions about the Live Your Dream Awards.